Founded in 1976, Virginia Eye Institute is one of Virginia’s oldest, largest and best-known ophthalmology practices. We offer a unique comprehensive model of care with a diverse collection of ophthalmologists and subspecialists providing eye-care expertise under one roof.
VEI provides treatment for an entire range of ophthalmic needs, including cataract surgery, retinal disorders, glaucoma care, corneal disorders, pediatric eye care and adult strabismus, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, LASIK and refractive surgery, neuro-ophthalmology, optometry, as well as optical shops for glasses or customized contact lenses. We participate with all major managed care plans.
VEI’s physicians are board certified and fellowship-trained by some of the world’s leading ophthalmology medical schools and sub-specialty society members. Inside of our optical shops, we staff board-certified opticians and contact lens fitters.
To enhance lives by delivering world-class, comprehensive eye care services.
To carry out this mission Virginia Eye Institute will strive to:
- Ensure that Quality underpins every decision.
- Deliver Excellence in Diagnosis and Treatment as evidenced by outcomes and overall patient experience.
- Provide Convenient and Efficient Access to a comprehensive array of Ophthalmic services throughout the region via clinical sites and community outreach.
- Continuously Evaluate Clinical and Technological Advancements.
- Excel in specialized Ophthalmic Care supported by comprehensive Research and Education.
Artist of the Month
We welcome Metropolitan Richmond Art Association during the month of October. Please stop by to take a look at their beautiful work.
Virginia Eye Institute welcomes other local artists who wish to exhibit their work. Please contact Cheryl Lunger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-287-4253 for information.