When it comes to the health care of your eyes, you can never be too educated. Virginia Eye Institute offers a full spectrum of information on the latest news, research and happenings in this ever-evolving field. Start here to learn about symptoms, medications, treatment options, and more. The quest for new knowledge leading to better eye care remains a defining mission of Virginia Eye Institute.
- American Academy of OphthalmologyThe physicians at Virginia Eye Institute are proud members of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Please visit their website, EyeSmart.org for general information regarding diseases of the eye, prevention and treatment.
- Resource Directory for the Blind and the Vision ImpairedA directory of organizations, services, aids, and literature for the blind and vision impaired compiled by the Virginia Eye Institute and the Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind Volunteer Council.
- Virginia Eye Institute at a GlanceDid you know that Virginia Eye Institute has over 30 board-certifed ophthalmologists and optometrists providing the latest eye care treatments? What about 6 optical shops? Here is a quick reference on everything you might not know about Virginia Eye Institute.
- Summer Eye Care10 quick tips on how to keep your eyes healthy all summer long.
Summer Eye Care
- Women’s Eye Health and SafetyGet VEI’s tips for keeping women’s eyes healthy and safe!
- Pediatric Eye CareSome of the most profound events in a child’s development occur during the first year of life. Here are some signs parents should watch for.
- A Parents’ Guide to Their Pre-Mature Baby’s Eyes
A guide for parents describing what Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) is, what the causes are, how to diagnosis it, and how to treat it.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
A guide to Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) detailing what the disease is, what the symptoms are, who is at risk, and what are the treatment options.
- Posterior Vitreous Detachment
Discusses what a Posterior Vitreous Detachment is, the causes, and the treatments.
- Macular Hole
Discusses what a macular hole is, its causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Anthony D. Sakowski, Jr., MD Press Release
VEI congratulates Anthony D. Sakowski, Jr., M.D. for 37 years of service.
- VEI Archives AAAHC Accreditation
Virginia Eye Institute has achieved accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
- Social Media Guidelines
A document detailing Virginia Eye Institute’s Social Media Guidelines.